Spa Heater

Old 11-21-07, 09:13 AM
Spa Heater

My Spa Heater keeps coming on even though the water temp is fine. This started happening after I replaced the spa pack. The old spa pack monitored the temp of the water inside the spa while the new one just monitors the temp inside the spa pack. This is causing the 5.5KW heater to come on once an hour or so. I was thinking of doing a couple of things. One was to relocate the temperature sensor to the the main tank as was on the original but I'm not sure if it will fit the holder. The other is to put a time delay relay on the heater so the pump will run for a couple of minutes before the heater comes on. I would also like to replace the electro mechanical contactor for the 5.5kw heater with a solidstate relay if there is one that will handle that kind of a load. Opinions of my plan and other suggestions would be appreciated.

Jimmie

Sponsored Links
Old 11-21-07, 10:30 AM
The sensor needs to monitor the coldest part of the system to prevent any freeze up. If you move the sensor to another area, especially to the main body of the water. you stand a good chance of the new spa pack freezing up.

Old 11-26-07, 07:26 PM
My old unit used two temp sensors, one for the temp of the spa and one for the temp of the spac pack. I still have the sensors and I am going to if I can set up the new pack for two sensor operation.

Jimmie