pool problems answered!

Old 12-12-07, 10:32 PM
Smile pool problems answered!

I will be online for the next 30 mins or so if anyone has a problem with their pool feel free to ask ,I will help any way I can ! If you read this after that ask anyway I'm trying to check this forum once a day just incase the moderators are busy with the holidays

Sponsored Links
Old 12-13-07, 12:53 PM
Smile Hot tub water is draining into pool....

Hi Pool Guy,
We have an in-ground pool with attached in-ground spa/hot tub...
The hot tub water has drained (apparently) into the pool...the pool water level rises slightly....

Any ideas on what might be causing this? Is it just possibly that a valve needs to be turned off or on? Which valve?

Thanks Pool Guy

Old 12-13-07, 01:31 PM
Cool pool problem

Does the spa spill over into the pool? If so you need to open the line to the jets in the spa and decrease the main drain and skimmer lines from the spa. That way you have more water going to the spa than coming from it and the spa will "spillover" into the pool as it should. If you haven't had a problem with before it most likely is just a valve setting. If you could post a picture of the plumbing I may be able to tell from that. Most pool guys set these up adjustable so that you can heat just the spa and not the pool or run one without the other. In some cases you only have to slightly close your pool return line to get the extra flow you need going to the spa. In rare cases a spa will drain down whenever the equipment is turned off in these cases a checkvalve is needed to keep the water from backing up in the system. Hope this helps-ED