Aquarite interface questions

Old 03-15-08, 01:36 PM
G
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Aquarite interface questions

Hi,

I have an Aquarite chlorine generator and would like to interface to my home automation system. I see some connections in the box but don't know if they are Rs-232, 485, current-loop, etc?

I just need the correct connections and I can write the software I need to talk to it.

Any help appreciated and thanks in advance.

Gerry

Old 03-15-08, 04:17 PM
Optional Goldline, Pentair and Polaris controls:
The Goldline, Pentair and Polaris controls use a 4 wire connection to communicate to the
Aqua Rite and can be wired up to 500' apart. Any outdoor rated 4 conductor cable can
be used. Refer to each manufacturer's instructions and the wiring diagrams below for
proper wiring connection to the Aqua Rite. NOTE: There must be only 1 "primary" unit.
All other Aqua Rite units must be configured as "secondary".

Input power for use with Goldline, Pentair and Polaris
controls:
Wire the Aqua RiteŽ DIRECTLY to 120/240VAC power (not through timer or relay).
Optional Goldline, Pentair and Polaris controls:
The Goldline, Pentair and Polaris controls use a 4 wire connection to communicate to the
Aqua Rite and can be wired up to 500' apart. Any outdoor rated 4 conductor cable can
be used. Refer to each manufacturer's instructions and the wiring diagrams below for
proper wiring connection to the Aqua Rite. NOTE: There must be only 1 "primary" unit.
All other Aqua Rite units must be configured as "secondary".
Goldline - Attach wires to proper screw terminals as shown below.
Pentair - Attach wires to opposite numbered screw terminals as shown below. Note
that the colors marked on the Pentair PCB do not match the Aqua Rite.
http://www.haywardnet.com/products/m.../Manual193.pdf

Old 03-16-08, 06:31 AM
G
Unhappy

Thanks for the info. I did find that info in the manual, however. What I need to know about those 4 wires that connect to different controllers is the function of each. Is it RS-232 or 485 or some other signaling protocol and if so, which one is the transmit, receive, etc. What I want to do if possible, is go right from the aquarite generator to my PC. I would be happy with just being able to read the display remotely. I'm thinking that that info could be hard to get.

Thanks again.

Old 03-16-08, 10:09 AM
sorry, this would have been easier - rs-232

Old 03-16-08, 10:40 AM
G
Great! So now one should be xmit, one receive, one signal ground, and one chassis ground, correct? There are 4 wire positions, so now the BIG question: which one is which?

Thanks.

Gerry

Old 03-16-08, 11:29 AM
Unfortunately I don't know that. I'd contact the 800 # and ask their technical dept. They will be happy to help...

Old 03-16-08, 08:09 PM
G
Wink

Thanks. I guess I'll have to contact them.

Also, I'm thinking that it may not be RS-232 since they say the units can be 500' apart. I believe 500' exceeds the specs of RS-232. I'm guessing 485?

Thanks again for all your help. I'll let you know what happens...

Gerry

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: