Hayward H100ID

Old 03-30-08, 08:16 AM
J
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Hayward H100ID1 Gas Heater Problem

I am heating my hot tub using a natural gas Hayward H100ID. Its been running great for 1 year. The other day I decided to drain the water in the tub and put in some fresh water. When I was done, I primed the pump and got it going again. When the heater tried to turn on the fan came on, the gas ignited, and hot exhaust gas comes from the vent but a few seconds later the unit makes a crunching sound for about 5 seconds and then the flame and exhaust fan goes out. A few seconds later the unit tries again with the same results. When I turn the pump on high speed, the heater works great. It was never done this in the past. I have drain this tub three tines before without any problems. The tub heater fine on low speed before the drain. Any Ideas?

Last edited by jonfarrugia; 03-30-08 at 10:22 AM.
Old 03-30-08, 10:45 AM
You have a water flow issue when on low speed, could be a dirty filter, hair in the impellar, or your pressure switch. I'd clean filter first, you can take filter out and see if it will run without filter, that will tell you if it is the filter.

Old 03-30-08, 02:23 PM
J
I removed the filter...same problem.

If it was a pressure switch issue, then the burner wouldn't even try to ignite.

All I did was drain the tub and clean out the filter with a hose.

I still don't understand what all the crunching is when the burner has ignited while the pump is in low speed.

Old 03-30-08, 03:26 PM
S
like todrut said, you have a water flow problem, the " crunching " sound as you describe it is the water boiling inside the headers / heat exchanger you may have a small air leak on the suction side ? something restricting the impeller ?

steve

Old 03-30-08, 03:42 PM
J
Originally Posted by stevie3x View Post
like todrut said, you have a water flow problem, the " crunching " sound as you describe it is the water boiling inside the headers / heat exchanger you may have a small air leak on the suction side ? something restricting the impeller ?

steve
With a small air leak shouldn't I see air baubles coming from the jets? I don't see any bubbles. There might be something in the impeller. I'll have to take the pump apart to check that.

Old 03-31-08, 01:20 PM
J
Just pulled the pump apart...Everything was fine! I took a look at the heater inlet and noticed there was a baffle used to direct water into the heat exchanger. The baffle is loose but I'm not sure if its suppose to be loss or not. I also noticed that if you more the baffle, you can get a direct line of sight from the inlet to the outlet. This would allow water to enter the heater and not go through the exchanger. I decided to call for a warranty claim because its under a year old. I'll let you know what they figure out.

Old 06-03-08, 02:51 PM
O
H100ID1 themostat issue

Has anyone had to replace a thermostat on the Swimpro 100 natural gas pool heater (H100ID1)? The issue I am having is chaulking the thermostat probe back into the main water pipe in the heater unit. I've chaulked it 3 times already and I am getting leaks everytime. Is there a special chaulk that is required for this procedure? Thanks!!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: