Pool Cleaning

Old 04-12-08, 04:22 PM
J
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Pool Cleaning

I recently purchased an old house for my family which has a pool. The pool has dark water and a lot of debris. I heard that there is a risk of a pool popping out of the ground if you drain it. How do I find the dead man line (hydrostatic pressure line)?

Old 04-13-08, 03:01 PM
S
first off, where are you located, ? ? second being summer this may or may not be a problem, third, how long after emptying do you intend to refill ?
post back,

steve

Old 04-14-08, 04:36 AM
J
I live on the east coast of Florida. The pool is half full currently and I suspect will be empty for a week or so. I hope that after emptying it, I will be able to open the plug in the bottom of the pool to help equalize the pressure.

Old 04-14-08, 07:23 PM
S
thanks for the reply, ill have to remove myself on this on, we have several people on the forum from or have spent time in that area & can better advise you on what the pros & cons are in that particular goegraphic area, good luck

steve

Old 04-20-08, 03:01 PM
B
I dont understand why you want to empty it??? why not fill it and try to clean it to find out what problem you are dealing with? I live in NY, and my pool always opens like a swamp...a little shock and a good vacuuming and its good to go.

just my 2 cents!

Old 04-22-08, 12:37 PM
J
It has been neglected for a few years and has a foot or more of sediment. There is no vacuuming that'd handle this one. I heard that using a mud pump can pull out most of it and plan to give it a try.

I actually found the dead man line.

Anyone with experience plumbing into the deadman? Any advice would be welcomed.

How long do I need to pump the water out from beneath of the pool before taking the water out of the pool?

Should I just use a normal pool pump to hook up to the deadman line?

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: