Water feature using pool circulation

Old 04-19-08, 12:51 PM
B
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Water feature using pool circulation

I am contemplating adding a water feature (pondless waterfall) next to my pool. My plan would involve just rerouting the filtered water through the water feature, (rather than through the pool returns). It is for aesthetics and white noise.

My questions are:
How to determine how many g.p.m. I need for a reasonable effect?
What is the best way for getting the water "back" into the pool ( I have several feet of stamped concrete around pool)
Any good resaurces or references to use? Any tips and tricks?

Thanks in advance
Jan

Sponsored Links
Old 04-19-08, 04:57 PM
S
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
first off if no one has told you your going about it the hard way, meaning after the fact, pool in, deck down,

nevertheless, things you need to consider, if you construct your waterfeature, yes you can locate your water return source to the pool & divert some but not all of water to your waterfeature, you still need water circulation in the pool, however if you have a dedicated cleaner line you don't need as much water through your pool returns, I take it your waterfeature will be raised ? the returning water to the pool will be gravity feed, the piping will need to either go over the dech & into the pool or the common way is to core drill the pool shell at the tile line, run one 3 " line for return , or 2 2 " lines for good water scavaging

another thing you may not have considered is the fact that you cannot run your waterfearure when using the spa, when we install a waterfeature we allways core drill for both the suction & return lines & adding a didicated pump so the waterfeature can operate any time the homeowner desires seperate from the pool / spa needs.

steve