Compool Lx 3800 Control Center

Old 05-09-08, 03:49 PM
Compool Lx 3800 Control Center

I am having a problem with my compool lx 3800 not responding at all. I have tried resetting the interior control and the exterior auto/service reset as well. The only way I can get the pump to shut down is open the main pump power breaker from the sub panel in the control center. Is my main control board fried? If so, can it be repaired without spending another $400 for a new board. Every time I turn around, It is more cash out of pocket. I guess your going to say "welcome to pool ownership buddy........". Help me please, This pool business is too complicated for me...

Sponsored Links
Old 05-09-08, 08:40 PM
before you go off the deep end, check your relay that powers that pump, if the contacts are fried, welded togeather it will act precisely as you described, locate the relay in question with the power on , pump running , remove the low voltage wire the one with the red connector on the end , has 2 wires connected to it. after removing the wire if the pump still runs , the relay is bad.

steve

Old 05-10-08, 03:05 PM
I did as you prescribed and when I unplugged the low voltage connection, the pump did shut down after a short delay. When I plugged it back on it started up again but then began to respond to the exterior auto/service button and the interior control. Did it reset the relay some how? It appears to be working now, thank you very much. do you think something else could be wrong and it will happen again?

Old 05-10-08, 05:22 PM
sounds like the contacts in the relay are burned / pitted it may work for some time , then again it may fail the next time it is programmed to come on , replacement is the only
cure.

steve

Old 05-12-08, 07:01 AM
Steve, I will replace the relay. Thanks again, I really do appreciate what you guys do...

Old 03-06-10, 07:36 AM
Originally Posted by HORTONGK View Post
I did as you prescribed and when I unplugged the low voltage connection, the pump did shut down after a short delay. When I plugged it back on it started up again but then began to respond to the exterior auto/service button and the interior control. Did it reset the relay some how? It appears to be working now, thank you very much. do you think something else could be wrong and it will happen again?
I am having a simialr problem but when I remove the low voltage connection to the board, the filter pump remains running. Is the problem the relay possibly as stated.

Thanks.

Old 03-06-10, 04:28 PM
Sounds like it is the problem...