Laars LX Spa Heater Not Igniting

Old 05-18-08, 09:13 AM
G
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Laars LX Spa Heater Not Igniting

I have a natural gas pool/spa heater where it goes through its normal startup process - the blower comes on, and goes through 3 attempts and fails with the AGS Service code.

The only thing I did different from last year before attempting to turn on the heater last night was turning the gas off via the valve at the gas meter.

I opened the front door and inspected the flame sensor and ignitor where they both look fine - very little use on this heater.

I tried to fire up the heater again with the door open and never smelled gas - the gas valve is in the on position.

Any way to inspect if gas is making it through the valve? or any other suggestions?

Old 05-18-08, 05:20 PM
You will need to smell at the fan exhaust to see if you smell gas while trying to ignite. Also look under heater in the middle when trying to ignite and see if ignitor turns red. Let me know...

Old 05-20-08, 09:01 AM
G
No, I don't smell gas from the exhaust. Also, I pulled out the ignitor while turning on the unit and it is NOT turning red either.

Old 05-20-08, 09:20 AM
G
Actually now a code of Air Flo Sw is appearing in the status window.

It doesnt appear that the heater is going through the startup sequence - no blower coming on.

Old 05-20-08, 10:02 AM
You could have a bad blower, or a wasp nest actually blocking it (yes I've seen it before). You will need to take the top of so you can examine what is going on. You will also need to take the blower off and look in it, you'll probably find a nest. Be sure to also look for loose wires. While you have blower apart, turn gas off and attempt to start heater just to see if blower comes on or hums or what...

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: