Go Back  DoItYourself.com Community Forums > Garden and Outdoor Center > Pools, Spas and Hot Tubs
Reload this Page >

Laars lite ledeyne LLG 250 not staying lit

Old 05-26-08, 06:02 PM
F
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts

ok so i went and fired up my pool heater for the first time this year and it fired up ok but after 5 mins it shut off. so i shut it off and turned it back on 5mins later and it fired up and ran for only 10 mins this time and shut off my main burner wont stay lit and i cleand it out. my pilot light stays on no problem. I was thinking its the pressure switch on the heater but im not sure i would hate to buy it and then it not work. I have a Laars ledeyne llg250 pool heater on propane. Any ideas what it could be? thanks

zach

Old 05-26-08, 06:35 PM
Old 05-27-08, 07:13 PM
F
ok i looked at the article and i cleand out the pilot light and the burner of all the cobwebs and it still does the same thing is there a way to test the presure switch or the high limit switch i dont think it could be the ignior because you can hear it clicking to come on the the cermaic insulator looks fine how do you test them.

Old 05-28-08, 06:04 AM
I'm confused, 1st post you said pilot stays lit and heater will fire for a few minutes. 2nd post you said you hear it clicking don't think it is ignitor. LG is a pilot model, not ignitor.
You need to take off top of heater to expose the heat exchanger, there may be trash on top of heat exchanger, clean and then spray out the heat exchanger in case of soot, the way it is acting this is the problem. Good luck...

Old 05-28-08, 02:18 PM
F
im sorry i ment the pilot light is lit there is no problem with that. The problem is that it will only run for a few mins and shut off ill check the heat exchanger oh yea there is a screw on my pressure switch how do i adjust that thanks for your help

Old 05-28-08, 07:56 PM
the pressure switch should only be adjusted by a qualified tech, improper adj can cause a fire. I believe it will work properly when cleaned...

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: