tagelus and hayward

Old 06-03-08, 03:02 PM
B
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Question tagelus and hayward

I believe we need to replace the sand in our filter. My problem is we have a tank that says tagelus and a top mount valve that says hayward. There are no model # 's available. I'm not sure how to take everything off and can't find one like it to get a manual. The pool repair people want to charge me 100 an hour and about 150 for sand there is also a 95 dollar service fee. .... Any Suggestions I can not pay a pool man.

Old 06-03-08, 06:44 PM
I understand not wanting to pay that, its crazy... So lets get your sand changed ourselves. Take a pic of filter and post it. Measure the fattest part of the tank. and let me know. I'll let you know how much sand to buy and the steps to replace sand.

Old 06-04-08, 04:28 AM
Group Moderator
Received 67 Votes on 56 Posts
Old 06-04-08, 06:55 PM
S
the tangelus sand filter was originally made by purex, who was bought out by pac-fab , who was bought out by pentair

it has a screw in type bachwash valve , requiring a large wrench , can be order through your pool store, you mentioned your filter has a hayward backwash valve ? ?

a completely different company, like ford & chevrolet,

however hayward does or at least did make a backwash valve for sand filters that screwed in , have no idea if , its the same size or thread ? ?

hope this helps some

steve

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: