heat sink pipes for pool water heater

Old 05-11-08, 08:50 PM
S
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
heat sink pipes for pool water heater

I have a Teledyne Laars series 2 ESG pool heater that I need to replace the stainless steel heat sink pipes. The size pipes I need are 1 1/2" by 6" by 17". I have seen some pipes that are 23" or 26" long, but I need the shorter ones. I don't want to modify my plumbing. I also need the gaskets and the PVC couplers that mate up to the pipes. One pool dealer told me that any hardware store should carry them. I have asked and they don't have a clue what I'm talking about! Know any on-line store that would carry the size I need?

Old 05-12-08, 07:31 AM
You can easily replace the stainless steel with cpvc male adapter into heater and slip coupling to existing pvc, will be alot cheaper and last forever.

Old 06-06-08, 06:51 PM
todrut is correct, I would also (and have on many ocations) just switched the plumbing to CPVC and it was never an issue or call back. I would be curious as to why you think you need to find new stainless pipes? Ive replaced heat exchangers on 2 heaters for the same homeowner 3 times because of poor water chemistry but it never damaged the heat sinks.

Just curious

Richard

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: