cleaning a laars lite 2 heater

Old 06-07-08, 09:37 AM
T
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
cleaning a laars lite 2 heater

Im having problems lighting pilot!! Im getting a spark and propane is on but no pilot. I have read alot on here about cleaning out spider webs. Could this be preventing it from lighting when there is a spark. If so, could you give me more specific instruction for cleaning it myself. I have checked the manufacturers site with not luck. Im really tired of paying for repairs so your help would be appreciated.

Tracy

Old 06-07-08, 09:50 AM
Your heater doesn't give you much in easy access to cleaning the pilot. it can be done but easiest with the burn tray pulled out. Cob Webs and Rust are the biggest problems..

question: when was the last time you fired it up?

Sometimes if it's been a while don't give up . Cycle the heater through quite a few starts, it will allow any air in the pilot tube to be displaced by the gas as its a very small oppening and takes a bit to purge out. If you recently had your tank filled this will take longer.. Take the time to boringly continue starting it and see if it fires first before calling for someone to charge you to do it.

If not you can try one more thing. Heater off take a long object and find your pilot.. lightly tap on it to dislodge any rust.. sometimes this will get you back going.

Richard

Old 06-07-08, 10:13 AM
T
Thanks for getting back to me so quick. We just opened the pool this week so it has not been on since last fall. Seemed to work great then. I am not familiar with its history as we just bought this house last summer so this is our first spring.
Also the answer is yes....we just filled the propane tank.

Old 06-07-08, 10:54 AM
Tracy,

please post if whatever worked for you, in your case, so others can also benifit from your experience.

Richard

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: