Go Back  DoItYourself.com Community Forums > Garden and Outdoor Center > Pools, Spas and Hot Tubs
Reload this Page >

Pool never seems to get pressure when vacuuming

Old 06-10-08, 12:42 PM
P
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts

I have a inground pool with a 1 year old Jandy de60 filter. When I vacuum I close off the second skimmer and the main drain but I never get pressure back. It vacuums but it doesn't seem as strong as it should. It barley registers on the gauge. The filter pump never seems to fill all the way back up with water. It's almost like it can't pump enough water through the vacuum line to build pressure. The filter gets louder from not having enough water in it so sometimes I open the main drain a little just I get a little more water in the filter. I replaced the vacuum and hose last year to try and solve this issue. I have an older pool 55,000 gallons with two skimmers, but the skimmers are on the same line so the one closet to the filter is always stronger. Should I cap that one off instead and try using the one further away? It just seems with a brand new filter I shouldn't have these problems.

Old 06-10-08, 05:24 PM
S
your filter is not the problem , some things you should consider,

1. what is the horse power of your pump ,
2. what brand & model
3. how far away is your skimmer
4. how long is your vacuum hose
5. what is the i.d. of your vacuum hose
6. is your vacuum head roller or brush
7. if roller , you may need more clearence [ lower the wheels ]

post back

steve

Old 06-11-08, 11:41 AM
P

Hey Steve, I have a Jandy Plus hp 1.5hp pump the filter is about 30 feet from the skimmers the vacuum line is 50 feet I think it's 2.5 inches is that standard. The vacuum head has brushes not rollers. It's almost like the filter can't get enough water to get the prime back. It vacuums but just doesn't seem to have a lot of suction all the time. Thanks for your input.
Jimmy

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: