cloudy water, bad advice

Old 06-14-08, 01:46 PM
cloudy water, bad advice

I had my water tested and was told ph and alkalinity was a little low. I have a 18x36 inground 3' to 6 ' in the deep end. They told me to add 10lb alkalinty up and wait a couple of hours. I wated 4 and added 5 lbs of ph+ as directed. Now my pool that was crystal clear is cloudy. Shocked it this morning and added clarifier, doesnt seem to be much better. Of course the pool store is closed so they are not help. Any advice

Sponsored Links
Old 06-14-08, 01:52 PM
No need to shock if it turned cloudy from adding ph+ just let it filter, it will clear.

Old 06-15-08, 06:26 AM
how long shoulc it take, a little improvement in 24 hours but not a lot, we got a hard rain right after I added the PH and it was pretty cloudy yesterday. Supposed to be sunny all day today will that speed the prcess. Have a party planned and my house boss (wife) wants the "pretty water" back.

Old 06-15-08, 06:40 AM
Depends on filter, couple days? Backwash filter each evening and add some clarifier. You can add some flocculant to pool to speed it up. Will drop everything to bottom so you can vac up. I would use floc as last resort as you will have to vac to waste.