Hut tub run problem

Old 07-13-08, 05:48 PM
Hut tub run problem

I recently returned from vacation and found that my hot tub quit runnung properly.
The heater was not operating and when I turned the breaker off then back on the motor kicked on for about 10 seconds then shut off again. The breaker did not trip and the control panel lights up but none of the buttons function. Any ideas what direction I should start looking in?
Thanks

Sponsored Links
Old 07-18-08, 07:37 AM
I dont know why it would stop running while away.

But if you run the motor with no water flow it will just shut off after a while. You shold get a FLO or FLW error but may not. Best thing is to use the bleeder valves if you have them, or when you fill the tub, fill through the filter intake.

I know this doesnt make sense if you have water in the tub and it was running...but it may shed some light

Old 07-26-08, 11:15 PM
ok

After two weeks of jerking around with this stupid hot tub I took a hammer to the keypad and bashed in every single button. While it did not fix the problem it did help me come to a conclusion that the keypad was not working correctly and also relieved a lot of pent up frustration. I have since ordered a new keypad and will let you know if that was the problem.