chlorine generator flow switch

Old 07-15-08, 09:18 AM
M
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
chlorine generator flow switch

Has anyone had any problems with the aquarite chlorine generator flow switches? I'm on my 3rd one of the summer! The metal flap keeps breaking off! It was installed according to the manufacturer's specs by an authorized dealer, so I don't know what the problem is...any ideas?

Old 07-15-08, 03:41 PM
S
sounds like it was installed backwards , or there is too much flow what hp pump do you have ?
look on the side of the flow switch there will be an arrow , it should point in the direction the water is flowing.

steve

Old 07-15-08, 07:44 PM
M
Steve,
I have a 1hp pump with a 18x36 rectangular pool that has approx. 21k gallons. I always make sure the arrows point in the direction of water flow .... what can make the flow too high? The pool pressure runs in the 17-20 range, and I backwash when it gets in the 25-30 range. The only thing I can think of, since you mentioned backwards installation, is that maybe the arrows have been mis-marked?? When the switch is installed, should the water hit the metal flap or the long grey plastic piece first? I'm totally discouraged!

Old 07-16-08, 06:23 AM
M
I went out last night and checked the broken switch...it is installed correctly, with the arrows pointing in the direction of flow, the plastic tab is behind the metal flap, so it's not getting bent backwards....so, where does that leave me??

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: