I need help with my new inflatable pool!

Old 07-30-08, 02:45 PM
L
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Question I need help with my new inflatable pool!

We were given one of those pools that you blow up the ring around the top and then fill it with water. It does not have a pump or anything. I need to know what I can use or what I need to do to keep it from getting green and cloudy. I live in Central Florida and the kids play in it everyday. I can't afford to keep emptying it, cleaning it, then refilling it. It is the 8' across by 26" deep size. Any insight would be much appreciated. I've never had this problem before and I've really never had a pool this big before for the kids either. We usually go to the community pool or to a friends house.

Thanks in advance!

Old 08-01-08, 05:32 PM
P
Group Moderator
Received 855 Votes on 789 Posts
Inflatable easy set pools are very common and inexpensive. Check your neighbors garbage at the curb and yard sales for a pump/filter for your pool. Once you have the pump you will need to find a filter cartridge that fits it. In use you will have to clean the filter cartridge every couple days to once every several weeks. Then you will need chlorine and a test kit. Check the pool section of your local Wally World.

That said, don't expect miracles. Cheap inflatable pools are cheap... not good. The pump/filter will help, but it is underpowered and inefficient.

If you have a local pool or spa store you could VERY nicely beg their help. Keep in mind that your pool is way, way at the bottom. You will not get any respect or help unless you are nice and buy some supplies from them.

Old 08-02-08, 09:13 AM
L
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
I have an 18' easy-set, and also am in central fla, I have seen replacement pump set-ups at the local Wally-mart can't remember the price though... hope this helps.

good luck and have a great day

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: