New Pool Construction

Old 09-01-08, 06:15 PM
New Pool Construction

I am trying to build my own pool. The only way I can think of to get an inground, concrete pool without hiring a lot of subcontractors is to make it out of poured concrete.

My question is: Should I pour the pool floor first, then form up the walls on top? Or, pour the walls first (on footings), and then pour the floor inside the walls?

I think either way will work but the first option is a little easier.

Pool size is 13' x 20' at most. Depth is 5'. Plan to tile the inside surface.

Comments?

Sponsored Links
Old 09-08-08, 03:02 PM
either way would work, I would suggest pulling permits from your building dept., they should have plans for you to follow, steel normally is 12 " on center both verticle & horizontal, and again 6 " on center verticle & the slope from shallow to deep where the pool is deper than 6 ft. , plus 3 3/8 " rebar running continously around the perimeter of the pool where the bond beam is the upper 12 " x 12 " be sure to allow for a light by unstalling a light niche & besure to add a # 8 bond wire [ unbroken ] to light niche connected to rebar and run back to equipment area, also the plumbing suction & return lines , the skimmer, the main suction fittings , normally refered to as " main drain " in the bottom should be 2 a minimum of 36 " apart tee in the middle generally the concrete should be a very rich mixture, a minimum of 8 " thick with the exception of the bond beam,....

rember your local county, city will have specs, you need to follow, plus the national electrical code, you will need to follow

steve