Inground Swimming Pool Light Loose

Old 09-02-08, 10:46 AM
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
Inground Swimming Pool Light Loose

We moved into the house 2 months ago. I just noticed that the swimming pool light is very loose. It's a 15x30 gunnite type pool in Florida. The light is about 10 to 12" in diameter. The whole thing is loose. Its able to be moved a bit but I am afraid to move it too much. There appears to be three holes in the mounting ring but no screws at all. What should I start to do first?

Old 09-02-08, 03:16 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
The light will be loose somewhat as this allows water behind light. It is secured by a single screw at the 12:00 position and at the 6:00 position it has a small notch it fits in. If srew in top is tight and bottom is secure all is well. If not then put light in bottom first then fasten screw.

Old 09-02-08, 04:23 PM
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
I put on some goggles and went in to take a look. There appears to be one screw type hole, no screw in it, and 4 other little holes, 2 on each side of the screw hole. The screw hole is at the 10 o'clock position. The problem is thaqt there isw a water feature constructed above the light. It is a dual waterfall which is about 2 feet high. i guess I will have to put a stepvladder in the pool to work this issue. The pool is about 6.5 feet deep in front of the light. is there a better method to work on the light?
Thanks

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: