Laars LX 400 won't fire

Old 09-10-08, 10:38 AM
Laars LX 400 won't fire

I have a Laars LX 400 that isn't firing. I am receiving Service AGS on the control panel. I am seeing a red glow on the bottom, so I think the ignitor is working properly. I am not smelling any gas coming out of the vent. I tested the voltage between the brown and yellow wires and am seeing at most of 8 volts, sometimes less, so I don't think the gas valve is opening. Any ideas where to go from here?

Jay

Sponsored Links
Old 09-11-08, 01:48 AM
AGS indicates no flame at the burners. But then again we already knew that! Possible causes from the manual are:

Identify and correct loose wiring connections, or
problems with igniter, flame sensor , gas valve, or
ignition control.

If you are only getting 8 volts to the gas valve, that is a problem. You should be getting 24 volts. At that point I would check voltage coming off the transformer. If you are only getting 8 volts from the transformer, then it's time to replace the transformer.

If you are getting 24 volts off the transformer, check the voltage at the gas valve terminals of the ignition control board. Depending on what you find there, track your way back to the electronic control and check both 24 volts in and out.

There is a schematic in the owners manual to help identify the wiring. If you don't have the manual, it can be downloaded from the Jandy website.