Pentair easytouch questions

Old 10-22-08, 01:23 PM
Pentair easytouch questions

Hello,

I'm replacing my pool equipment with mostly pentair stuff. I bought an Intellichlor with power supply. Since then I've decided to install and ordered a VS pump and an easytouch 8 #520540. The 520540 is compatible with but doesn't include the intellichlor.

Here's the question - I presume the 520540 includes the cell connectionfor control but does it include the intellechlor power supply?

If not can I install the seperate supply I already own into the 520540?

Or have I bought the wrong stuff?

thanks

jerry

Sponsored Links
Old 10-22-08, 05:30 PM
the unit you bought is the bare bones unit meaning,

1. you do not get an in house control , comonally called icp

2. you did not get the power center for the intellichlor

3. and unless you bought a cell you did not get a cell with
the control part # 520540 that control is capable of controlling 8 circuits , each electrical piece of equipment is considered as 1 circuit,

4. as it now stands in order to use a spa , turn on a light, water feature etc. you will have to go out to the equipment area to turn it on, if it is not programmed to be on or if you want to turn it on after the given program.

5. to do this you would need either,

a. icp
b. a wireless remote
c. a spa side switch

steve

Old 10-23-08, 07:50 AM
Steve, thanks for the reply.

I intend buying a Easytouch 8 wireless to match the 520540 and understand that would add the control.

I have an intellichlor and external powerceter. Would you know if that external power center is the same as that installed in an easytouch control center? can I swap it out of the externalhousing and install it into the easytouch directly?

thanks

jerry

Old 10-23-08, 09:27 AM
the easytouch part # 520544 0r 520545 along with 2 actuators,

both have the built in power center for the chlorine generating & includes the cell, & probably cheaper than buying it piece by piece like you did, the difference between the 44,45 is the amount of chlorine they cangenerate in the same given time,
thr 44 for up to 20,000 ga, & the 45 for up to 40,000 gal.

steve

Old 05-26-09, 04:20 PM
Looking for wireless address?

Can I somehow get the wireless address to my EasyTouch Panel or my 8 function EasyTouch remote?

I would like to use software to change my settings. I know Pentair has a software you can download, but can I use theirs or shall I make my own? If they can send all the information to an iTouch, why not my wireless network?

Any help?