Go Back  DoItYourself.com Community Forums > Garden and Outdoor Center > Pools, Spas and Hot Tubs
Reload this Page >

Help with Laars Lite 2 spa heater - won't fire

Old 11-29-08, 02:52 PM

Heater will not fire. Pilot is fine. Pilot generator is 670mv disconnectd and 450mv connected to the gas valve. I've checked the safety loop and all is well until I get to the gas valve. When the black wire from the Temp. Board is disconnected from the gas valve (TH), I have 365mv, when I connect the wire to the gas valve, it drops to 60mv and valve won't open. Thoughts?

Also, can I use a 1.5v battery to check to see if the gas valve will open?

Sponsored Links
Old 12-18-08, 01:45 AM
I have the same problem, it seems

I have an old Teledyne Laars EG 125
The pilot light is glowing fine, but it does not fire. I physically cleaned all heater tubes and nozzle tips. Blew hi pressure air thru all manifold openings.
Ran the water pump of the spa without any filters in it, causing the pressure to drop to about 10 lbs., but have more water volume flowing faster, it seems. Still, the spa heater did not fire up. Is there a valve in the "Al connector box" that needs to open to let the gas thru? If you have any suggestions, let me know. [email protected], Thx
One thing I used to do to get the gas flowing, was to bang lightly with a plastic mallet (to avoid making any spark) on the connector box and the gas would start flowing thru the manifold/fire up and start to heat up. This banging procedure does not seem to work for me recently?? I suspect, there is a gas valve not functioning properly....