Stair Railing Install on Concrete Deck

Old 11-29-08, 05:20 PM
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
Stair Railing Install on Concrete Deck

We have a 15 x 30 inground kidney shaped pool with a concrete deck. There are four stairs at one end sort of in a corner curve. There is no handrail. I want to add one of the deck mounted rails that has two 0.190 tubing that mount to the deck at the top of the stairs on the concrete deck. What is the method to mount the rails? One pool store guy told me to drill two 2" holes and use hydraulic cement. Are there some flanges that use concrete anchors? If I surface mount, does some of the rail ends need to be cut off?
Thanks
Mark

Old 11-30-08, 05:31 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
You were told partially right, you do want to get the sockets for the rail, core drill your holes 3" put your sockets in and use something like quickrete anchor mix, dura bond, or aqua bond. I would not surface mount, won't last...

Old 11-30-08, 06:54 AM
Three inch is kind of big. I only have a 1" concrete bit for the hammer drill. Does Home Depot rent a 3" core bit and machine?

Old 11-30-08, 11:17 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
yes it is a good size hole, but it is needed to properly install anchors. Yes HD has what you need...

Old 12-27-08, 04:58 PM
I have the anchors and rail. A 3" hole is not big enough. The maximum diameter of the anchor is 3.47". A 3" would do most of the anchor but there is a side buldge that needs more than 3".

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: