Discontinued Pump replacement

Old 11-30-08, 03:24 PM
B
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Discontinued Pump replacement

Not sure if this is the right forum or not, but I have a Kohler whirlpool or jet tub in my master bath with a 1hp pump w/ heater Kohler model # 73533. The Kohler website states the pump is discontinued but gives no reference to a suitable replacement that would be a plug & play setup meaning mainly the plugging in of the on/off switch. This switch is a single button with a phone line and phone jack type of plug that plugs into the pump assembly to turn it on/off. The pump motor itself says on it that it was made by the Emerson Electric Motor company.

Is there a site I could go to that would give me the replacement model numbers for this unit? I can't even find a used version of this pump on Ebay, Craigslist, or Google.

Old 11-30-08, 04:25 PM
I would call the manufacturer of the tub, they should know a replacement.

Old 12-01-08, 10:25 AM
B
I called the manufacturer (Kohler) and they said i would have to call/send the pump assembly to "Gross Automation" where they would rebuild mine etc. and send back. The rep said there were currently no plug & play replcement pump assembly's listed for that model # (73533) in their system. One would think since the plumbing connections is pretty standard that another newer model pump assembly w/heater that would operate off the on/off switch would be available? Really looking visually at my pump I would guess the problem was the electric board mechanism mounted to the bottom of the unit that would need replaced vice the whole pump since it[s those wires that corroded badly. I wish I could find a used replacement but have had no success as of yet.

Anyone know of any good sites to locate one besides Ebay or craigslist?

Old 12-09-08, 06:38 AM
B
The pump itself seems to okay, but the circuit board located in the base appears to be what the problem is. The phone jack type receptacle for the off/on button wire has severe corrosion and during the attempt to clean the little wires off, two disintegrated. so maybe right there is why it won't start up. I was able to find the circuit board and part # thanks to a illustrated parts breakdown (IPB) page after a search nd ordered it for $315. I'm hoping that will do the trick. If not, I'm going to have to try and make another similar pump assembly work.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: