No Power to Hot Tub!

Old 12-02-08, 05:24 PM
N
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Angry No Power to Hot Tub!

Ok- I left for 4 days, and my neighbor was suppose to take care of the hot tub. It had a small leak form mice~ so I had to order fix a leak- and wait for it. I get back home-and the fix a leak is here, great! NOPE. My neighbor neglected to check the tub, the water had drained down almost to the seats! She filled it up- and removed the filter (to pour in the fix a leak)- I advised her over the phone- to turn the high pump on, and start to add the fix a leak. Thats when she said the the tub wouldnt power on!! I came home, flipped the breaker- reset the high pressure switch and reset the CGI. NOTHING. Any ideas?? It's winter- and I dont want it to freeze! I'm going out to drain it now. just in case! Thanks!

Old 12-02-08, 05:29 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
No matter what you do there will be water in the pumps and piping. You can't drain it all out. You better get a Hot Tub repair person out to take a look or it will sustain some freeze damage..

Old 12-17-08, 11:48 AM
I just signed up for this sight & I saw you issue. You've probably already drained the spa. There is a way to get all the water out but first you have to thaw out the tub. You need to take the side panel off & put a hair dryer inside the cabinet. Try to have it so it's not laying flat on its side (it could short itself out on its side) close the cabinet back up and let it run for a couple of days. When the spa is thawed you need to use a wet/dry vac to suck & blow the water out of each jet. Remove the filer and do the same there. After you get all the water out you need to get 3 to 4 gal. of R/V antifreeze (the pink stuff). Use a funnel to pour it into each jet. Pour some into the hole at the bottom of filter tank, use the wet/dry vac & blow antifreeze into the pump. Put cove back on spa & wait until spring.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: