adding jets

Old 04-14-09, 07:55 AM
adding jets

I just purchased a used Solana Hot Tub "TX" model, is there any tech info or tips about this particular tub anyone might share?
I would like to add a few jets as other Tubs I have had in the past have had more jets. I have never done this but am not afraid to follow directions I have basic DIY skills.
We also will be using this Outdoors in temps as low as the teens is this tub able to maintain temp or is there any mods or accessories to help it do so?

Thanks

pburgfish

Sponsored Links
Old 04-14-09, 08:01 AM
Super Moderator
Don't know about adding jets...maybe someone else will weigh in.

As to the temp, if you have a good cover (the thick ones, not the little wimpy 2" ones) it shouldn't be a problem. It will cool off pretty quickly with the cover off in those temps, especially if you have all the pumps on high speed. Normally the heater will not run when all the pumps are on high..though not sure of your model.

Old 04-14-09, 05:33 PM
It is a fully foam insulated tub, should have no problem in teens. As far as adding jets, I dont think there are any flat molded area to add jets, if you were to add you would have to add pump as well and these are just not made for the additions (no room). You got a great spa...

Old 04-16-09, 09:27 AM
Thanks

Thanks for the replys!!!
Pburgfish