Skimmer problem

Old 04-29-09, 12:09 PM
Skimmer problem

I was recently given a used above ground pool (unidentified brand) without the skimmer and return. I thought, no problem, I'll just buy one. Big mistake! I have called pool supply companies all over the country and no one seems to want to try and help me identify the brand. I have a picture I could email and the opening measures 12" x 5 5/8 ". Thank you.

Sponsored Links
Old 04-29-09, 05:34 PM
Are your measurements accurate or guessing? There is one that the inside measures 12-5/8" X 5" Send a pic if you can, you can use photo bucket to post.

Old 04-29-09, 06:36 PM
Skimmer ID

I really appreciate the quick response, yes the measurements are exact. I don't think the pool is over 10 years old. I posted a pic of the opening here on Photobucket. Thanks

http://i600.photobucket.com/albums/t...oolpics001.jpg

Old 04-30-09, 06:10 PM
Sorry, I have looked through all the above ground skimmer bolt patterns and can not find one to match. I would suggest riveting a piece of aluminum over this hole and buying a skimmer then cutting out a new hole and bolt pattern.

Old 04-30-09, 07:38 PM
Very good idea - thats exactly what I will do. Do you have any recommendations on one? Thank you

Old 05-01-09, 06:11 PM
I would suggest the hayward sp1091lx(small mouth) or the sp1091wm (widemouth) depending if you want widemouth or regular. If it is 24' or smaller I would stay with regular mouth. These are very popular, easy to get and easy to get parts for. Good Luck...