Water Getting into Pool Light

Old 05-11-09, 12:30 PM
Z
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Water Getting into Pool Light

I noticed water getting into my pool light the other day so I changed the gasket out.. No help.. It is still getting in and I tighted that outer gasket keeper ring down about as tight as I could.

Any ideas?

Old 05-11-09, 12:53 PM
Super Moderator
Received 4 Votes on 4 Posts
Not sure the kind of light you have..but back when I was younger, our pool light was a sealed unit..but the enclosure in the concrete was not. So we had a problem similar to yours, and it turned out the water was getting in where the cord penetrated the sealed unit, not the gasket under the lens.

Old 05-11-09, 01:58 PM
Z
Mine is not sealed. You can remove the lens and change the light (if it ever blows out). It is a pentair.

Old 05-11-09, 06:43 PM
If it is not very old chances are it is not the cord. Lights are sometimes tricky, if gasket is not on properly or the screws are not tightened opposite eachother you will have a leak. It is extremely important for the light to be completely dry before putting back together. Also make sure nothing is bent.

Old 06-12-09, 08:07 AM
D
R & R Underwater Pool Light

Just wondering how hard is it to replace light bulb in in ground pool. Is it a DIY or do you need a pro?

Old 06-12-09, 08:21 AM
Super Moderator
Received 4 Votes on 4 Posts
drmark
Prob depends on the type. When I was growing up, on ours the light fixture was a sealed unit with a coiled cord behind it. You removed the whole assy, set it on the edge of the pool, unsealed it, replaced the bulb, resealed it, then reinstalled the assy.

Old 06-12-09, 08:51 AM
Easily replaceable provided the builder left enough cord to bringit on deck. Make sure it is completely dry inside, and be sure not to test the light sealed and out of water. It will blow from the heat of the bulb. Pool water is actually used to cool underwater.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: