Leslie's (Raypak) heater problem

Old 05-25-09, 03:51 PM
R
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Leslie's (Raypak) heater problem

Heater not firing up, and it's a strange one. Not getting anything on the LCD display but the backlight is lit, which leads me to believe there is power getting to it. When power switch is put to on, there is a click in the Robershaw gas valve and the backlight on the display comes on, but that's all that happens. The power switch is working and I'm getting 24V to the module, but the igniter is not kicking in to start the pilot at all, so I am thinking that it's possibly either the PC board or the ignition control module. Any thoughts? Model # is L-400 A (Leslie's), which is Raypak # R405.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Old 05-25-09, 04:31 PM
It sounds like the board is bad, any signs of moisture on it(rust/corrosion)?

Old 05-25-09, 05:27 PM
R
No, and it's actually pretty clean. I disconnected all of the connections and put them back on, but to no avail. The board is over $300 and non-returnable, so I'm hoping I can be sure before spending that kind of $.

Do you have any idea if it's the board that sends the signal to the igniter module to light it up or not?

Thanks for your help.

Old 05-25-09, 05:41 PM
You can pull the ignition lead and check spark at pc board. You said you checked voltage to pc, did you check at p6 connector?

Old 05-26-09, 04:53 AM
R
No, I haven't checked P6, so I will do that, since perhaps it's the transformer? Thanks!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: