Want to install chlorine generator

Old 06-13-09, 07:04 PM
R
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Want to install chlorine generator

I am interested in installing a salt water generator and getting away from using 3 inch hockey pucks in my chlorinator. my question is would the hookup on any of the chlorine generators out there be an easy swapout of my Hayward inline auto chlorinator because i really don't have much space to work with and one of the unions i can't cut off because it goes directly into the jandy valve and there is no room to cut? Next question i was looking at the Hayward SWG does the flow valve have to be installed after the SWG or can it be installed vertically before it?

I am including a picture of my plumbing so please let me know if u have any ideas here is the link

http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z...8/P1000200.jpg

Old 06-14-09, 05:29 AM
Z
Here is the site I went to to find my SWG.. I went with the Circupool RJ30. I chose this unit due to the price and warranty. The installation was a snap considering they provide detailed instructions. and it also helps if you have a little DIY know how. Good luck.

Last edited by todrut; 06-14-09 at 06:39 AM. Reason: please don't post advertising
Old 06-14-09, 06:42 AM
you would have to do some plumbing, maybe plumb up and then out wider for the cell.

Old 06-14-09, 07:09 AM
R
That sound easy the left side is not a problem to cut and replumb but if you look at the pic on the right side there is no room to cut anywhere the union is on a street 90 which goes directly into the jandy valve what do i do?

Old 06-14-09, 07:41 AM
If you take the chlorinator out you should be able to screw a 2" female onto the threads of the union and plumb from there.

Old 06-14-09, 07:53 AM
R
Thank you very much very good idea i will try that any recommondation on a chlorine generator? i want one that is reliable was reading about the pentair intellichlor but looks as if it has some reliability problems. Any other recommondations how is the hayward swimpure plus?

Old 06-14-09, 10:37 AM
the hayward one which is made by goldline is a good choice. However these days most are about the same with just little differences.

Old 06-14-09, 06:14 PM
R
question i purchased the swimpure plus is there any problem if i pipe it in vertical?

my other question is when i do the wiring does it really have to be wired into the same power as the pump since there is a flow switch inline? I am really hoping not to have too because there is no more holes in the box for the 220 receptacle and box is tight and timer is too far away. I have a regular 120 receptacle which would be much easier to tap into

Old 11-17-09, 05:52 AM
J
Beware of Pentair!

PENTAIR IS THE WORST! I purchased a Pentair Salt System in October 2007 when I had a new pool installed. The Pentair was installed by a professional. In September 2008 I began having a problem with my pool tile being stained with black. I contacted Pentair who told me they never heard of such a thing. My pool has always been maintained by professionals. After much research and cleaning, in November of 2008 my pool looked like new. In September 2009 the black stain came back. I again contacted Pentair who offered absolutely no solution to this problem. They refused to come and look at the unit. I finally hired an independent contractor to inspect the unit and he advised me that the ruthenium on the fins has dissolved. This unit is still under warranty. Pentair has offered no help at all. After I contacted the Better Business Bureau, they responded with some nonsense about underground wires which we do not have. BEWARE OF PENTAIR!!!

Old 11-18-09, 07:16 AM
Pentair owns the market in the Pool and Spa Industry. I dont know if I would "flame" them for a little bit of Black algae/fungus but I dont know the details. I have never seen anything on the tile, which is at the water line I am guessing, other than oils. It looks and feels like a Bathtub ring. It usually is really bad inside of skimmers but with a little scrubbing and tile cleaner it comes right off. There are products to help digest oils that you can add weekly and cut back on the suntan oils to help. Anyway, I guess I am saying all this because I dont understand why you are blaming the Salt Generator for the Black stains? You may need to add additional chemicals and weekly brushing to stay ahead of it. If the Titanium electrode cell blades that are coated with Ruthenium Oxide is gone then your Water is Acidic and thats not under warranty. Hope all this helps

Old 11-30-09, 05:41 PM
I
Cleaning the element

Originally Posted by zr2sms
I went with the Circupool RJ30.
I too have the RJ30. I want to clean the element but cannot get the plastic case apart. The manual merely say to hold it facing away from you and upside down and open the plastic case to remove the element. I cannot seem to get it open. Any ideas?

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: