wrinkles and bubbles in pool liner

Old 06-27-09, 07:18 AM
wrinkles and bubbles in pool liner

we have had a unusual amount of rain this spring...my inground pool liner had no wrinkles prior to the amount of rain...now we have a few long wrinkles on the bottom of the shallow end and a large bubble in the liner on the side wall...

could this be caused the by the increase in groundwater??? could it have any other causes???

now what to do about it??? what do i need to do about the bubble in the side of the pool...the wrinkle is ok for now, but i am worried about the bubble that is about 3 feet long and about 6 inches wide...it is about 8 inches below water line...

Sponsored Links
Old 06-27-09, 07:24 AM
what happened is called "floating" water got behind liner then settled back out and left wrinkles. unfortunately usually the only way to get them out is to connect a vac and drain pool to wrinkles work them out and refill pool.

Old 06-27-09, 08:02 AM
another bit of info...

at the water line and to the coping of the pool, the liner bulges out about an inch or so...it isn't a bubble, because it feels as if there is dense foam behind the liner...i am assuming it is the foam backing or whatever it is called...all the way around the pool wall at the water line and to the coping is smooth and flat except at this area where it bulges out...any idea what it might be and what to do to fix it???

Old 06-27-09, 08:33 AM
If the liner floated in this area and the foam wrinkled behind it it will still need to be be draioned and the liner pulled out of track and the foam smoothed to the wall then replace liner. Or if it is something you can live with, it shouldn't hurt anything.