Trying to locate info on a hot tub

Old 08-05-09, 07:46 AM
D
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Trying to locate info on a hot tub

I am looking to purchase a friends hot tub and I can not find anythign on it.

Brand - Streamline Spa
Model - Thoroughbred
Model number - 1900

I can not locate an owners manual or even a phone number for the manufaturer. The hot tub was made in 1997. I have some questions regarding it.

1) can it be drained and transported without it laying flat? It is a short trip and I was thinking of using a full size pickup but it would stick out on the side of the bed and have the tub on an angle.

2) can just the foam in the cover be replaced or must one by the whole cover? The foam is cracked on the one half.

3) there is a cap in the center of the one top edge. It looks like a little white mini tire from an RC truck. it is not on level right now and so water is leaking from it, but it stays in teh tub. Any clue what this is? At first I thought it was a cap covering where a small fountain of sorts would go

4) is there a good resource site out there on the maintenance of a hot tub and the chemicals needed? There are tons of sites, but to the noob, it is tough to know which are the most reliable

thanks in advance for any info anone can provide

Old 08-05-09, 03:52 PM
D
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Streamline Spas, out of business and acquired by Four Winds around 202. Fourwinds Spas, also out of business.

Try just setting it across the top of the bed, overhanging on both sides.

It'll cost more than an entire new cover to replace just the foam.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: