Comfortzone (Hayward) setup and lighting

Old 08-10-09, 01:42 PM
G
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Question Comfortzone (Hayward) setup and lighting

I acquired an older model SGII60 Comfortzone (now Hayward) propane pool heater. Was used for a few years but has sat dormant for the past seven. I will be the first to admit that I know very little about pool heaters so please excuse any really dumb questions.

- Pilot light will light but after the button pops back up will not stay lit.

- While pilot light is lit burners will not light even though you can turn the thermostat over what current water temp is.

- Water pressure switch was deactivated by previous owner, so that is out of the loop.

- Testing setup with a 20# propane cylinder. I picked up a low pressure regulator and added that to the tank. Is a low pressure regulator what is required.

Have read lots of threads of people with issues with newer models that do not necessarily equal anything in my unit, like automatic ignition, so I am a bit lost.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated, thank you in advance.

Old 08-10-09, 06:12 PM
first your pilot generator is bad. Second you need to replace pressure switch(very dangerous without it). 20# cylinder will not work. need min 100#

Old 08-10-09, 07:42 PM
G
Originally Posted by todrut View Post
first your pilot generator is bad. Second you need to replace pressure switch(very dangerous without it). 20# cylinder will not work. need min 100#
The pressure switch just has a jumper wire, easy enough to remove.

This sounds like a dumb question but what is the difference between a 20# bottle and a 100# bottle besides the obvious capacity? If it is a pressure thing, will a 100 # bottle require a high pressure regulator as opposed to the low pressure I have?

Thanks!

Old 08-11-09, 06:40 PM
not a dumb question, I don't know exactly how to explain it but has to do with the liquid propane converting to gas. I'm not sure what the wc" were for that heater but not high pressure,I would say between 10 &11 wc"

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: