Doughboy liner replacement

Old 04-12-10, 10:35 PM
Doughboy liner replacement

Hello all,

I am interested to find out if anyone has replaced a doughboy liner? My pool is 18' x 38' and has a deep end so the liner needs to be expandable.

I found a local installer that will help me, but he advises that a 20mil liner is fine and I do not need to purchase a 25mil. It seems common sense to put the thicker liner in, however he claims with the additional risks in installation it may not last as long.

Also, he is claiming that some other companies liners that are found online are comparable to the doughboy ones. Anyone have any experience with after market liners?

Thanks for your help in advance!!

Sponsored Links
Old 04-13-10, 06:02 AM
A 20 mil liner is the leading thickness sold for inground liners. Its just throwing away money for 5 extra mils that are not going to help unless needed. Swimming dogs, very rough bottom are exanples of needing a thicker liner. I would stay with the bigger manufacturers to insure you are getting good quality.

Old 04-13-10, 09:45 AM
Thank you as always for your reply Todrut! I will take both of your advice and stick with the 20. He recommends a company called swimline - have you heard of their products/quality by chance?

Old 04-13-10, 11:29 AM
Just to clarify, make sure you are getting 20mil NOT 20 gauge. swimline is a lower end liner company, I would use them only for cheap above ground liners.

Old 04-14-10, 06:23 PM
Are there any liner companies you would recommend? I could just get a doughboy one, they just seem a bit higher priced, but maybe they are worth it.

Old 04-14-10, 06:37 PM
Tara is a good one, might have to find a dealer to go through though.

Old 04-15-10, 06:42 PM
I am having a bit of trouble finding one my size, but I did find this one. It reads guage not mil though... Are they equivalent?

How does this look to you?

Last edited by todrut; 04-15-10 at 07:41 PM.