Pool water testing kits

Old 06-28-10, 05:46 AM
Question Pool water testing kits

Hello.....
I was just doing a little research on test kits for my 16 X 32 inground pool. I use Bromine in my pool so I currently use Poolmaster Smart Test 6-Way Combo Test Strips to test my water however I don't seem to get accurate readings. (I could take two tests back to back and they don't seem to be consistent.) I have never had any problems with my water but I do want to make sure it is balanced correctly. I was looking at some of the Taylor products but ended up getting totally confused. Some say low range and some say high range and than there’s the Complete FAS-DPD kit. I see the complete kit includes the comparator and was the way I was leaning. Does anyone recommend any of these kits or have any other suggestions.

Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
Old 06-28-10, 06:07 AM
Taylor makes good products. Test strips are sensitive to heat, never store outside, keep in cool. Also if they are old they will not be correct, buy a new bottle every couple months if not used up. And of course keep very dry.

Old 07-03-10, 07:26 PM
So you're saying the test strips are a good product to use to get an accurate water test result as long as the strips are bought every couple of months as opposed to the water test kits that you put the drops in?

Old 07-04-10, 07:46 AM
And kept indoors where it is cool. The drop tests are also good and reliable if kept in same conditions. Strips are just easier.