Granular Vs Tablet chlorine

Old 07-15-10, 01:27 PM
Granular Vs Tablet chlorine

I have a 12 by 20 above ground pool. It gets partial shade and sun. I've been using granular chlorine for 2 years w/o any problems. I decided to try Chlorine tabs since everyone I speak to uses them. I used a 3" tab and put it into a floater. I run the filter from 12am to 2pm then 7pm to 11pm. 5 days later my pool looks like a swamp. Some of the people I have spoke to say they use shock as well as the tabs on a weekly bases. I have never used shock with the granular chlorine and if I have to use shock with the tabs it just does't make sence to use tabs. Too expensive. Any suggestions with using the tabs before I return them. Thanks

Sponsored Links
Old 07-15-10, 03:54 PM
When using granular chlorine you are basically using shock andshocking your pool with additions. This is keepingyour chlorine level in a constant seesaw effect, level going up and down. The reason for tabs are they will (with adjustment) keep a constant ppm level of 1.5 When this is accomplished you then shock pool every other week with about 1/3 lb granular. If you pool is looking like a swamp, you don't have the floater adjusted to get the proper ppm chlorine needed.

Old 07-15-10, 03:55 PM
PS don't forget to make sure your conditioner level is correct, it keeps the sun from eating chlorine...