hayward h100id pool heater

Old 07-20-10, 04:41 PM
M
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
hayward h100id pool heater

I have a hayward h100id,pool heater,last summer I had no problems at all with my heater,this spring,when I went to fire it off, it would not light.My inlet and outlet gas pressures are good,measured with a yellow jacket gas pressure test gauge.Igniter does spark,I carefully took it out and screwed it to the bottom of heater enclosure.Could see a decent size arc from one rod to the other.Also cleaned orfices and burner tubes.Still will not light.

Old 07-20-10, 08:21 PM
need to know exactly what heater does when turning it on.

Old 07-23-10, 10:26 PM
M
Inducer fan comes on Igniter sparks for 10 or so seconds,gas valve opens,Does not ignite the gas in the time allowed,so gas valve closes and then it starts all over again.I can smell the gas when the valve opens,also had my pressure gauge hooked up to the outlet side of the gas valve.So I know the gas valve is opening.Thanks.

Old 07-24-10, 10:58 AM
carefully remove ignitor and spread the tips (carefully) appox 1/4" apart and try to light. If not try another 1/4" this will usually work if there is not another issue (gas).

Old 07-24-10, 02:30 PM
M
I did try that too,I am almost wondering if it is a combustion issue,nothing has changed from last summer except that it sat all winter.

Old 07-24-10, 06:34 PM
If you moved igniter tips apart, you might be too far, try going in. Propane or Nat gas? Has line been bled?

Old 07-24-10, 08:35 PM
M
propane,yes tank recently filled,line bled out, pressures are well within specs.It almost smells like the gas is rolling out of the front,even with inducer fan running.

Old 07-25-10, 01:43 PM
how is the fan working? Are you getting a good amount of air blowing? It is still sounding like the ignitor.

Old 07-25-10, 03:39 PM
M
Yeah,decent amount of air movement,I did buy another igniter,I just haven't had a chance to get over there to put it in.

Old 07-26-10, 06:59 PM
L
I had a similar problem, and tried the advice that was given by the gas company to another poster in another thread, and it worked!!!

I put my hand over the spout where the water comes back into the pool and blocked it as best as I could in order to increase the pressure in the system...I could see the pressure rise from about 14 psi to about 20 or 21 on the gauge on the sand filter, and as soon as I did so, the heater ignited and it has been working now for about 5 hours non-stop.

Don't ask me to explain it, but it worked, and it saved me at least $85 for a technician just to come look at it, and God only knows how much to actually repair it after diagnosing expensive parts as the culprits.

Simple to do...give it a try!

Old 07-29-10, 06:14 PM
M
Some slight progress,Disconnected inducer fan at plug,then jumped around airflow switch,Unit fired off!.It is a two speed inducer fan,low speed nameplate amps are 0.6,High speed is 1.6.My amp clamp was reading 9.0 on low,13.5 on high,when I slowly plugged the inducer fan back in after the gas had ignited,Icould watch the flame being sucked right out.

Old 06-09-12, 02:35 PM
A
My Hayward pool heater will not ignite

My Hayward H100ID pool heater was working fine for the month of May but now it's just passing cool water. After reading this thread, I checked a few things that were suggested but then I noticed condensation on the 2 igniter rods and that water was dripping from the housing underneath the blower fan just behind the igniter. When i shine my flashlight in the tiny igniter hole, I can also see condensation. I can smell gas when the heater is running and I can hear some clicking. I cannot find the source of the leak but I'm sure that it has something to do with the igniter not lighting up because of the condensation. When i inserted the igniter for 1 minute and pull it out, I can already see the condensation forming on the igniter. My pool heater is about 5 years old so I'm thinking of buying the same model (if I can find one) so that I can use the broken one for parts. Has anyone seen this water leak? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: