Go Back  DoItYourself.com Community Forums > Garden and Outdoor Center > Pools, Spas and Hot Tubs
Reload this Page >

ComPool Filter Pump won't engage into Service Mode - Runs Nonstop...

Old 01-26-11, 05:30 PM

I have a ComPool Lx3400 / Cp3400 system managing the filter pumps for my pool.

The pump suddenly stopped working, even though the computerized controls inside the house register the system as fully functional. Upon testing the electrical connections, I discovered that I had dead relay (RLYLX) and the pump was getting only half of the power it needed to operate.

I cut the power to the system and replaced the relay.

When I finished the install, and turned the power back on, the pump fired back on! That's the good news. The bad news is that it doesn't shut off now, and even when I depress the button to put it into Service Mode (from Auto), the pump still keeps running. That's not supposed to happen, for Service Mode.

I tried quickly depressing some of the buttons to go into an override mode, but that didn't work. I inserted a paper clip into the reset hole, but that didn't change things either. Now I have a working filter pump - but it only works when I turn on the electricity to the unit from the breaker.

Does anyone out there have any suggestions?

Sponsored Links
Old 01-27-11, 10:32 PM
I' not 100% sure on the compool, but one of my customers had a similar problem with theirs. They had an rs-8 though. Most computer systems come with a freeze sensor which if the sensor goes or the wire to it is accidentally cut, the system goes into freeze protection mode where it will not allow the pump to turn off for fear of water freezing in pipes. In my customers case, i just had to follow wire to corrossion on it, and respliced, then computer left freeze out mode.

Old 01-27-11, 10:38 PM
Worst case scenario is your actual board, where the relays is connected, fried causing power to always be sent to the relay for the pump. If you have an open aux or cleaner spot on the board, try changing the relay for the pump on the board to one of the open spots and see if it still keeps running. If not, its prob board, but it is ok to run a circulation motor from the cleaner auxilary, just program accordingly.