Perfectemp Model VI not working

Old 04-30-11, 12:56 PM
Question Perfectemp Model VI not working

I moved into a house recently which had this pool heater, Perfectemp Model VI, installed. I dont know how old it is, but it must be less than 5 years as that is how old the house is. It looks like it is in good condition, and was working when i first moved in, but now it has stopped.

When turned on, you hear a noise like something is starting (not sure if it is a compressor or something else internally), but the fan on the top doesnt come on. I have never owned or repaired a pool heater before, so dont know where to even start. Any suggestions on what i should do to diagnose it? I know it is receiving power as lights are on and you do hear a compressor like noise when you adjust the temperature to above the water temp.

Please, any suggestions, about this specific model, or pool heaters in general would be helpful.

Thanks,

Jeff

Sponsored Links
Old 05-06-11, 07:39 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
You need to open the control cover and cycle the thermostat. If the clicking noise is the compressor contactor pulling in look at the multi-capacitor for burned wires or a failed capacitor. Don't touch anything with the power on. Turn off the disconnect and also check the terminations at the compressor.