Go Back  DoItYourself.com Community Forums > Garden and Outdoor Center > Pools, Spas and Hot Tubs
Reload this Page >

How to get copoius amounts of DE out of pool!?

Old 06-05-11, 10:27 AM
A
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts

I opened my 24 round 5ft deep pool to find a swamp. I was in the process of filtering, got to the point where I could see a little way into the water, when I noticed the DE I just loaded was coming out the return. If this was going on the whole last week, there could be as much as 10 lbs. sitting at the bottom. I believe I got the elements (fingers?) cleaned well and replaced two which had blown holes. It's still going to take a while before I actually SEE the bottom of the pool.

MY question is: When I get to that point, do I just vacuum w/o DE in the filter and backwash when the pressure rises, or is there some other way of handling this. I have an old Doughboy Sequel 1 Plus filter. I really can't afford to replace it at this time so any advice would be appreciated. Also, the cover was the problem that started all this (I cheaped out) Any info on what I should look for the next time so this does not happen again, I live in MIch.

Old 06-05-11, 01:35 PM
Group Moderator
Received 66 Votes on 55 Posts
When I had elements fail I just replaced the bad ones and vacuumed.

Old 06-06-11, 03:52 PM
A
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Did you do this w/DE already in the
Filter??

Old 06-06-11, 03:58 PM
Group Moderator
Received 66 Votes on 55 Posts
Yes, but I didn't use the full amount, figuring the stuff vacuumed up would fill up the shortage.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: