Hot tub frame

Old 07-20-11, 05:20 PM
Hot tub frame

I really could use some info. We just got a 7 person hot tub and I need to build a frame for it. I don't know who built it so I couldn't look up the dimensions. I tried measuring it but I'm not sure where to start. I just need a frame for it because I plan to build our deck around it later. I know I need 2x4's. My problem is mainly where to measure. From the ground to the lip? to the underside of the tub? It has rounded edges too. I have the "window" framework for the side that opens for electrical work but that is not going to support that side. Does any one have some simple instructions on where to measure, or a web address that will help so I get this right?

Sponsored Links
Old 07-20-11, 05:27 PM
you're not giving enough info. is it just a shell? I'll need a picture of the bottom to help. Are you putting it level with the deck as a step in spa or you going to step up and in?

Old 07-20-11, 06:33 PM
When we put in the deck it will be a step in spa. Right now I just want to build a basic frame (no pretty outside) to hold up the tub part. My parents had it sunk into the ground and surrounded by bricks. There was no frame to hold it up. I have it sitting on my brick patio on the ground. It is just the tub part with tubes and motor. I will be able to post a picture a little later.