Mini Max 100 mv wont stay lit

Old 08-20-11, 01:23 PM
Question Mini Max 100 mv wont stay lit

I just installed a used Minimax 100 mv on our pool, I got the pilot to light, turned on my pump, burner lit up fine. I turned off pump to make sure burner would go out, it did. I turned pump back on, burner came back on. Thought everything was perfect. The problem is that when the burner has been on for 10 minutes or so it will go out, and the pilot goes out as well. I'm not sure what to do next. Any help would be great.

Sponsored Links
Old 08-20-11, 01:52 PM
sounds ike you might have a low gas pressure supply. What is your setup?

Old 08-20-11, 03:33 PM
I T'd off of the 3/4" line coming into my house, ran a 5/8" plastic gas line approx. 80 feet to the heater. Can I put a pressure gauge on the line at the pool to see what I have? What should it be?

Old 08-20-11, 04:41 PM
your line is too small and heater is starving for gas.
First, you will need to obtain from your N.G. provider the the BTU per cubic ft of the N.G. they supply.
Second, you then need to figure your total BTU/H of all your intended appliances. That number will be divided by the number your gas provider gave you. For example in my area the BTU per cubic ft is 890. If I am going to feed an appliance that's rated at 100,000 BTU I divide 100,000 by 890 = 112. This is the CFH.
Third, you need to know what your gas pressure is at your meter. Either 4 ounces or 2 lbs. Your meter should have a tag on it stating what it is or you can check with your supplier. In the example I have used if I need 112 CFH to run 300 ft I would need 1 and 1/4 inch pipe for a 4 ounce gas pressure and only 1/2 inch pipe for a 2 lb pressure.