Go Back  DoItYourself.com Community Forums > Garden and Outdoor Center > Pools, Spas and Hot Tubs
Reload this Page >

Auqa rite chlorinator Not reading salt level correctly

Old 08-21-11, 08:21 AM

My Aqua rite chlorinator is reading salt level at over 1,000 PPM below what a salt tet strip says the level is at. The generator will not start becasue of this reading. The level is at almost 3,100 PPM which sould make the generator run. Does the Cell do the salt reading This is a new cell only a month old but aftermarket.

Sponsored Links
Old 08-21-11, 10:49 AM
Is there a pool supply place you can easily take it to for testing? If so I would at least to confirm or eliminate a cell failure. The salt reading does come form the cell. Have you also inspected it even though it is new to confirm it is clear and has no recent buildup of mineral deposits for example also?

Old 08-21-11, 01:02 PM
Thanks I will take the water to confirm. If it is still high enought to chlorinate I will call service on the new cell. Just wanted to be sure the salt reading comes from the cell. I did flush the cell out and after that it came up 100PPM to 2100 PPM still not enough to amke the thing run.

Old 08-23-11, 04:54 AM
It most likely needs to be cleaned with 1 part muriatic acid to 4 parts water. Even though it looks clean, oils can build up on the sensor and make those run funny.