Pool Heat Pump Coil Sensor

Old 11-13-11, 03:41 PM
B
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Pool Heat Pump Coil Sensor

I just installed a Jandy HM 115 TI heat pump pool heater that had set for a few years without operating. I am getting a coil sensor malfunction error. What is the function of the coil sensor? Where would I look for its location?

I have been unable to find any information about this pool heater. Jandy no longer has any information about this model as Jandy brought the original maker and did not continue this model. It is in beautiful like new condition without any water leaks so I would like to get it operating again. Any kind of information and help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Bill Mayo Email: annbill.mayo@comcast.net

Old 11-15-11, 08:22 AM
B
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
With more investigation, I found a red wire thernistor setting in a tube that is inserted in a "T" in the wate inlet pipe. A very small thermisitor in a 3/8"ID bulb tube. I found the black wire thermisitor stuck in the end of the evaporator coil. Both of these thermisitors measure around 8.5K ohms on a 20K ohm scale. Both sets of really thin wires had been broken at several places.

I found what I believe is a 1" long thermisitor (twice the size of the previous ones) with 2 white wires (heavier than the previous sensor wires) laying in the housing pan. No connection at either end. It reads open using an ohm meter. Would anyone have a guess as to where either or both ends of this thermisitor would connect? I see no missing terminals or lugs on the control board as I would believe this is where it should connect.

What would the third sensor (thermisitor) be used for? I really need some guesses to keep going. I have vacuumed all the leaves and dirt from the housing so it looks very clean now. Information on this Jandy model is non-existent but I find the Jandy AE-TI model (identical housing) appears similar.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: