Heater Light

Old 11-20-11, 07:22 AM
B
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Heater Light

The heater light on my Cal Spa is not on. After adding water yesterday, the temp went down about 4 degrees. It only came back up about 2 degrees OVERNITE! So it did come up a little, but it just doesn't seem right. The pump seems to run all the time, too. Any thoughts?

Old 11-20-11, 04:31 PM
B
Heater Light

I just adjusted the pressure switch, that I read about in another blog. It worked! I went several turns thinking I had nothing to loose. The light came on, so did the heater. Hope this helps someone else....

Old 11-23-11, 07:55 PM
D
"several turns"? As in complete revolutions? If a working pressure goes out of adjustment it may need a 1/4 to 1/2 turn to readjust. If you turned it several turns, you cured the symptoms, but did NOT fix the actual problem. In fact, I'm concerned that you've now completely bypassed the pressure switch, making it completely non-functional, and have created a fire hazard.

Old 11-24-11, 08:46 AM
pressure switches are VERY important. Unless you are experienced you should NOT try to adjust. You are leaving yourselfopen to major problems including fire. If your pump stops working or get a hair clog(whatever) the heater will continue to heat not knowing water has slowed or stopped in the heater. You must make sure the heater is shutting off when the pump does or looses prime. You hava a accident just waiting to happen...

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: