Go Back  DoItYourself.com Community Forums > Garden and Outdoor Center > Pools, Spas and Hot Tubs
Reload this Page >

Can't remove 2005 Jacuzzi J355 temp sensor and install new one....help!

Old 01-05-12, 07:05 PM

My 2005 Jacuzzi J355 spa shows a watchdog error. When power is shut down and flipped back on the control panel turns on briefly, then the temp shows in the high 70' and numbers count down quickly then spa makes sound and shuts down. My research indicates the temp sensor needs replaced. I ordered one and am trying to remove old one and I've successfully located the old sensor, removed from pin/ tine, but the cord stretches around the hot tub, through a small PVC pipe and then up into the hard foam insulation! The old sensor has box end connector pins as does the one I bought to replace. Can someone PLEASE tell me how to remove the old temp sensor from foam insulation? I would also like to know how to install new sensor. I have pictures to send if needed. Thanks so much!

Sponsored Links
Old 01-12-12, 03:21 PM
hot tub sensor

You just need to find the temp sensor located by your filter and screw it out. The wire to the sensor follows the pvc pipe all the way out. Best way to do it is go to home depo. Get another piece of PVC that is the same size as the one in your tub with a coupler to get that hose above water line. That way the water wont shoot out of it when you unscrew the temp sensor from the actual spa. You will need to tie a piece of string to the end in the control panel for when you pull it out so that you can connect it to your new one. Be sure to replace gasket, pull it through and reconnect it to your box and you should be up and running. If you have any questions feel free to call.

Clearwater Spas
435-755-5800