Pool Heater By-Pass

Old 01-30-12, 11:45 AM
Pool Heater By-Pass

I have a Pentaire Mastertemp 200 BTU and it needs some work - either o-rings or manifold. Hard to work on where it sits. I am looking for a Schd 40 PVC loop or bypass to connect to the water in/out from the pool so I can move the heater to my garage and work on it. This will keep the pump running and water circulating/filtering while the heater is off-line. Any suggestions?

Sponsored Links
Old 01-30-12, 12:15 PM
Super Moderator
From what I see its connected with unions.

Best bet is to buy two unions, two male adapters, two ells, small piece of pipe, glue and primer, and make your own. You will only use half the unions of course.

Mike NJ

Old 01-30-12, 12:25 PM
Thanks - that is what I was thinking, but since this heater input/output are fixed and used on several of their models - I thought there would be a standard loop commercially avail. To the hardware I go.....

Thanks again - Al

Old 01-30-12, 03:22 PM
Super Moderator
I think there is a bypass option from pentair but not sure what it exactly bypasses. Does not show pic on parts list but does show a part #.

Mike NJ

Old 01-31-12, 06:30 AM
There is a recommended bypass to limit the flow thru the heater if there is too much pressure. This does not stop the flow to the heater, but couples off some of the pressure. I do not have the space or want to cut the pipes to insert. I think my best option is to build a small loop as you suggested.

Their manual also shows some internal bypass, but I too cannot find any detail. This would not work for my needs since I want to remove the heater all together.

Again, thanks for your help -Al