Go Back  DoItYourself.com Community Forums > Garden and Outdoor Center > Pools, Spas and Hot Tubs
Reload this Page >

AquaRite Power light on but no other lights

Old 04-19-12, 10:02 AM

My LCD reads 2600 and the power light is lit, but no other lights light, ever when the pool pump is running. I was planning on buying a main board but wanted some input for things to check before I do that. There is a fuse taped to the inside cover but I can't see where that fuse gets replaced. If this fuse were blown, would these be the symptoms? Any and all help appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Old 04-23-12, 07:45 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Where the fuse goes depends on how old your Aqua Rite is. The older units have a glass type fuse that goes into a fuse holder you can access from the bottom of the box. If you look underneath the unit on the right side you would see a black cap that has the word "fuse" on it. This is a twist lock style cap.

The newer style fuse has a yellow cap on it and looks like a miniature car fuse. This goes on the circuit board. You will have to remove the cover inside the box so you can see the circuit boards. MAKE SURE YOU TURN THE CIRCUIT BREAKER FOR THE AQUA RITE OFF BEFORE ACCESSING THE CIRCUIT BOARDS! On the main board (in the back) on the right hand side you will see the fuse.

If the fuse is blow replace it and it should solve your issue. If the fuse is not blown then your problem will be the circuit board. There is a component at the top right side that looks like a round flat disc about 1" in diameter that is soldered to the circuit board. You will probably find that this is blown.

If your unit is less than three years old it may be covered by the manufactures warranty if you have a blown circuit board. Contact your local Hayward warranty center to determine the warranty.

Good luck with that!

Last edited by Shadeladie; 03-16-13 at 06:01 AM. Reason: Advertising is prohibited on forum!
Old 04-23-12, 09:01 AM
It was the thermistor. Ordered a new one and I'm thinking that will fix me up.

Thanks so much!

Old 04-23-12, 09:38 PM
My symptoms are I have ONLY the power light, no other lights light. My thermistor was cracked and there were burn marks on the board. I replaced the thermistor, no change. Even when I disconnect the RJ11 for the flow switch, there is still no change, not even the "No Flow" light lights. I checked the voltage into the rectifiers, all good. I checked the output voltage from the rectifiers, all good. I checked the resistance on the transformer, all good.
The display shows 2600 always...instant salinity reading is 0.00. The two thermistors on either side of the power input "look" ok...
What to check next?

Old 09-15-12, 06:31 PM
Did you ever resolve the problem? My symptoms are the same. Green power light. No other lights. Replaced SL32-2R025 varistor, but this did not fix the problem. Fuse looks good. Cell voltage at 32.2 nominal. I also replaced a defective T15 cell.

Old 09-15-12, 10:36 PM
No. I ended up replacing the whole board.

Old 09-18-12, 07:29 PM
ok, thanks. Where did you buy your board?

Old 09-18-12, 09:06 PM
Ebay...It wasn't too hard to find.