Go Back  DoItYourself.com Community Forums > Garden and Outdoor Center > Pools, Spas and Hot Tubs
Reload this Page >

Caldera Spa Problems: High Jets Stepping Down, Jets Surging, Ozone Trips GFCI

Caldera Spa Problems: High Jets Stepping Down, Jets Surging, Ozone Trips GFCI

Old 04-21-12, 08:17 PM
Question Caldera Spa Problems: High Jets Stepping Down, Jets Surging, Ozone Trips GFCI

I was given a Caldera Spas Paradise and am running into some problems with it, I hope the forum members can help.

Ozone Generator Trips GFCI
The nipple fitting on the Caldera Ozone Generator box is broken off. This is the plastic fitting on box that the clear tubing connects to. First question, where can a get another fitting?

I don't know if it's related to the GFCI tripping, but if the ozone generator is plugged into the main unit, the GFCI breaker will trip after 2-5 minutes. If I unplug the ozone generator, the spa runs without tripping the GFCI. What is causing this?

Jets Set On High Speed Step Down To Low Speed
The spa has 2 jets speed settings - low and high.
After 3:50- 4:00 minutes of running on high speed, the jets step down to low speed without me touching the control panel. Is this normal? Why is this happening?

High Speed Jets Surging
When starting the jets on high speed, after a few seconds they will start surging, and you can see the pump/motor surging back and forth on its mounts. At low speed, it seems to be fine. I replaced the impeller and seal of the pump. What could be causing this?

Thanks very much for any ideas or answers you can offer.

Sponsored Links
Old 04-22-12, 05:38 AM
See comments below...

Ozone Generator Trips GFCI
The nipple fitting on the Caldera Ozone Generator box is broken off. This is the plastic fitting on box that the clear tubing connects to. First question, where can a get another fitting? probably can find at plumbing supply store/hardware store

I don't know if it's related to the GFCI tripping, but if the ozone generator is plugged into the main unit, the GFCI breaker will trip after 2-5 minutes. If I unplug the ozone generator, the spa runs without tripping the GFCI. What is causing this? ozonator has bad ground somewhere, might need a new one. Could have gotten wet inside?

Jets Set On High Speed Step Down To Low Speed
The spa has 2 jets speed settings - low and high.
After 3:50- 4:00 minutes of running on high speed, the jets step down to low speed without me touching the control panel. Is this normal? Why is this happening? This is a control setting that is there to circulate on high when adding chemicals then goes to low. You will have another button to press or press this one twice or something like that. You will need manual to see. Search online for manual with model#

High Speed Jets Surging
When starting the jets on high speed, after a few seconds they will start surging, and you can see the pump/motor surging back and forth on its mounts. At low speed, it seems to be fine. I replaced the impeller and seal of the pump. What could be causing this? Pump is not getting enough water, water level low? Filter very dirty? Blockage?