thermospa parts help

Old 05-28-12, 05:04 AM
thermospa parts help

Hi,

I was given a thermospa 2000d and it has damage from freezing. I was able to find the major leaks. Broken manifolds and elbow. I was able to find those parts online. But there is a fitting that snaps into one of the jets that is split. I cannot seem to find this one . Does anyone have any ideas where to find this? It snaps in to jet then 90 degrees down is a 3/4 inch hose barb. Straight out the back a 90 degree fitting snaps onto it . That fitting has a 3/8 hose barb. I think this unit is a 2003 at least that is written on the electric control box. Thank you for any help.

Last edited by todrut; 05-28-12 at 07:42 AM.
Sponsored Links
Old 05-28-12, 06:09 AM
Group Moderator
If you could post a pic, it might be helpful in ID'ing the part.

Old 05-28-12, 11:23 AM
picture of needed part

[ATTACH=CONFIG]741[/ATTACH]This is the part I am looking for thanks for any help.

Attached Images  
Old 05-28-12, 03:48 PM
Group Moderator
Yow! Specialized part to be sure. On a side note, did a little surfing/reading on Thermospa and most of it wasn't very pretty - lots of commentary on expensive repair parts, dismal customer service, etc. and maybe they're in bankruptcy?

Old 05-28-12, 04:07 PM
Group Moderator
My best shot would be to piece it together from multiple fittings in the plumbing aisle at HD/Lowe's, but that assumes there is room to maneuver a patched together piece that would have overall larger dimensions when assembled.

Old 05-28-12, 04:53 PM
Thats what i seem to be finding out. The only positive so far is the tub was free. But the company that took it out for the inlaws was supposed to blow it out so it was ready for winter. I guess i should have gone and done it myself. So far 130.00 dollars in pvc fittings and hose but I think this is my last leak. But hard to say for sure. Do you think if i take the complete jet out and replace whole jet would be ok? I do not think I can find something with that o-ring to snap into the jet. I have some room to plumb behind it.Thanks again

Old 05-28-12, 07:14 PM
Call Thermospas and order it from them;

(203) 265-6133

Old 05-29-12, 04:45 AM
Group Moderator
Definitely try the Doctor's recommendation. Based on my surfing I would be prepared to be frustrated, but hope for the best. Thinking outside the box, would it be practical to just plug off that one jet?

Old 05-29-12, 07:02 AM
Thanks Doc I put a call in left message we will see what happens. Tow guy, yea I am thinking about how to plug the hole in the tub if I pull that jet. But I was hoping to be able to fix it as the jet is up high and very visable. Thats why I may try a complete jet assy from another brand with more friendly plumbing. I just wish there was somewhere near me I could go look at the parts to make sure I can use it. Thanks again.

Old 05-29-12, 07:47 AM
Group Moderator
Common problem with a lot of things nowadays, no place to take your part and match up side by side. I suppose we've done that to ourselves with the popularity of internet shopping vice store fronts.

Old 05-30-12, 06:54 AM
Well looks like I will go to plan b. I think this weekend i will pull the jet out and measure the hole in tub. Then I will see about finding a complete jet assy and plumb that in. Part of the reason i want to fix this jet instead of just plugging it, is that I think I may find more leaks. So far I have only had it 2/3 full so I may still have more problems. Thanks for the help. I will post as I go. May take awhile as I work alot of hours this time of year.

Old 06-01-12, 07:02 AM
Well I finally got ahold of a person at thermospa parts. They are shipping me the parts hopefully see them wed/thur. The parts I felt were reasonably priced. We will see hopefully this is the last leak. Thanks again. I will post updates.

Old 08-29-12, 02:03 PM
SnA error message

I accidentally spilled a huge amount of granulated chlorine into my thermospa. It ran and the chlorine level slowly went down to the point where it was correct again, I took care of the other chemicals and we used the tub. Just today I was getting the SnA error message. I checked my filters and they were all gunked up with the binder from the chlorine I assume. So I cleaned the filter, checked the lines, turned off and back on the power - but I'm still getting that error message. I really don't think anything's wrong with the tub, is there a way to clear that error code manually - a combination of hitting the right control panel buttons or something, so I can at least have the pumps run for a little while and see if the error comes back?